Our members come from all walks of life and have diverse backgrounds. We are young professionals who collectively work together using our strengths, skills, and relationships to improve our community. Many of our members have had success personally and professionally while building lifelong skills and friendships.
Here are a few stories from our members.
Any person at least twenty-one (21) years of age and less than forty (40) years of age, with interest in Cedar Rapids, IA and its surrounding communities is welcome to join our membership. Membership status provides the member all rights and privileges of the local chapter, subject to the Bylaws and rules and regulations of the Cedar Rapids Jaycees.
Active Citizen Framework
The JCI Active Citizen Framework is a methodology for running sustainable, needs-based projects that create measurable results in communities. The process start with assessing local needs, engaging partners to share resources and strengths, conducting action-oriented projects and finally monitoring and evaluating results to ensure tangible, effective positive impact.
JCI members use the three stages of community development, health and wellness, education and economic empowerment and sustainability to determine local needs, form solutions and take action. The JCI Active Citizen Framework empowers young people to create impact for a better world.
Passport to Leadership
The Passport to Civic Leadership Program is designed to quickly immerse new members into their Jaycee careers and help veteran Jaycees grow and develop their individual, leadership and business skills. Participation in the program leads members to a rewarding Jaycee career.
Join one of the greatest leadership development and community service organizations in the nation! You’ll meet many new people, make lots of life-long friends, and have fun while serving the community and developing vital professional and personal skills.
Are you aged 21 to 40 and living in the Cedar Rapids Community? Becoming a member is easy.
- Step 1: Attend a meeting or special event open to the public. Monthly General Membership Meetings (GMMs) are held on the 2nd Thursday (6:00 PM) 6:30PM at the Cedar Rapids Public Library.
Please check our Facebook Page for upcoming meetings and events.
- Step 2: Have a chat with some of the current members about who we are, what we do, why we like the organization, etc. Decide if this is the organization for you.
- Step 3: Find the Membership Vice President or President and communicate your interest with them. They will help you get acquainted.
- Step 4: Fill out your application at membership and pay your dues ($65.00, due annually for each member)
- Step 5: Keep coming back! Attend a New Member Orientation, come to a social, and attend General Membership Meetings when you can – always check our Facebook page or Events Page for event dates and details
Why I enjoy the CR Jaycees?
Join one of the greatest leadership development and community service organizations in the nation!
You will meet new people, make lots of life-long friends, and have fun while serving the community and developing vital professional and personal skills.
Stay in the loop
News & Events - Check back regularly for updates
Trash Bag Drive
The Cedar Rapids Jaycees participates in a semi-annual Trash Bag Drive provided by Charity Services Inc (CSI). Twice a year, CSI will call previous patrons
Business Supporter Program
The Cedar Rapids Jaycees are pleased to announce our new Business Supporter Program. The Cedar Rapids Jaycees will provide an excellent training opportunity for leadership
General Membership Meeting
Our Cedar Rapids Jaycees chapter hosts our General Membership Meetings on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Cedar Rapids Public Library at 6:30pm.
Membership Nights are created around community or individual development opportunities and will vary each month. Our Membership Nights have a small cost to attend, depending